Thursday, February 2, 2012

Squeezy Paint

I was the very happy recipient of some super cool squeeze bottles. They were made to look like crayons and once held kid's bubble bath.


Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry


After removing the labels (you know how to do that, right? No? I'll blog about that later.) Sooooo....I removed the labels and then I made up some squeezable paint. I used a very simple recipe of equal parts flour, salt, water and food colouring. And there was just a little bit of bubble bath in the bottom of the bottle. Here's the link to the recipe I used at FamilyEducatiom.com It was a bit of a tricky task getting my paint into the narrow openings of the bottles. The mixture was too thick to go through a funnel. I put my mixture into a plastic bag and snipped a bit of corner off to get the mixture into the bottle.



  Uploaded by Photobucket Mobile for BlackBerry


My buddies had a hard time squeezing hard enough to get the paint out at first. (I made a mental note to provide more hand strengthening activities.) They really enjoyed squeezing the paint out once they got used to using it.   I think we will be doing this again soon!